Sunday, March 30, 2008

Glorious Sunshine

After yesterday's wind and rain today was a bit of a surprise but oh how it is lovely to go out without needing a coat and even feeling warm in just a jumper. I was tempted to break out the flip-flops but perhaps that's over keen.

(although it is just possible that that was summer and it's going to keep raining and snowing until next year!).

I have spent most of the day with the windows and doors wide open and the yarn and needles in my lap. And I have something to show for it - a sock!
March 191
Can you spot what's wrong with it?

No? - Well that would be because the sock itself is just fine. It includes this beautiful slip stitch rib at the top,
March 192

executed according to the pattern but completely failing to take into consideration the intended wearer. I am 6' tall with feet and ankles and legs necessary to keep me standing upright. I also need a bit more give on the cuff than this sock was willing to provide.

I failed to take pictures of this week's yarn surgery - it was just too sad. See, look at the pretty rib again before it goes, to be replaced with a simple 2x2 rib.
March 192
All ends well though - I can do this:
March 193
And the sock is pretty:
March 194

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment