Monday, November 26, 2007

My DNA is made of yarn

Marriage is ......accidentally turning up at the gym with your husband wearing matching hockey tour shirts (in baby pink no less)!

I feel a little blog may be in order for its restorative powers in being able to write (somewhat creatively) not hampered in any way by the constraints of legal protocol or politeness. There is an urban myth about a long since dissolved firm that used to write letters exactly as they would speak and famously sent a letter back to their opposition which just read " re your letter of xxxx: you what?"

Now then, this being a knitterly blog rather than lawyerly (see Roll on Friday for that) I feel I should show you some knitting:
November 090
Yes, the scarf has got longer by some process of woollen hydraulic pressure.

I have finished off almost all of the other Christmas knitting and the one outstanding project is waiting for a yarn delivery so I am mentally sitting on my fingers rather than cast on for the Tangled Yoke that calls my name until this scarf is finished. I'm onto the second of three balls and it's still only November so it's less of a time issue as a distraction issue to get it finished in time - thank goodness no-one's invented a yarn advent calendar - I'd be sunk.

Actually.... how cool would that be - I might have to make one (or knit one) - a little calendar with a skein for each day - perhaps mini ones that knit into a pair of stripy socks throughout Advent. Note to self - must remember to do this some day!

In a slight concession to the startitis I have wound up some beautiful Lorna's Laces in Tuscany (but forgot to take a picture) which will be the rib socks from Favourite Socks so fear not, there is more to the blog than blue DNA. I excuse this lapse on the basis that I can't take the scarf on the train, therefore there must be socks (tee hee hee to the project monogomy!)

Now then, that scarf
ttfn

2 comments:

  1. Wot, no piccies of Lorna's Laces... sacra bleu! I'm sure the wait for piccies will be worth it.

    Your DNA scarf looks lovely Carie, I really like the blue you have chosen. I wish my Christmas knitting was nearly completed, I think mine may be going into January, possibly February... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 pm

    Lucky you, who had almost finished all the Christmas presents, I still have some left.
    Love that scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment