Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holidays are coming

Do you see what I see....?
Presents

Ok, ok, before you either section me for an overdose of the Christmas spirit or turn off your computer and vow never to darken the blog again there should be a few words of explanation:

1, I do not yet have a tree. H's office looks a large department store tree straight in the sparkles so he' s been dropping hints for a while but I am standing firm - no tree just yet.

2, these presents are not all knitted (cue sighs of relief from both knitters with unfinished Christmas knitting and my family as their fears that I have knit them all matching three piece suits are allayed (for another year at least)).

3, these presents are for my family who are coming on Friday for the weekend - thus explaining both the wrapping and the fact that a lot of my Christmas shopping and knitting is done.

Am I off the hook yet?

In completely Carie-related knitting I was duly berated by Mandy for not showing you this:

Tuscany

Lorna's Laces in Tuscany - I think it qualifies for "is what it says on the tin" status - the colours are just wonderful.

Of course the reason for not showing you just the ball of yarn was (a) non-existent lighting and (b) so you could see a little bit of it knit up, comme ca:
Tuscany
As you see I have created my own artificial sun (also known as a desk lamp). I might even be able to show you both together:
Tuscany
The pattern is the Diagonal Rib Socks from Interweave's Favourite Socks, adapted by dropping 0.25mm on each needle size.
Tuscany
Which shows you the pattern a little better. (at this point I had the desk lamp on one knee, the sock on the other foot and the camera in one hand with the other wildly grasping at things to try to keep my balance - who says I don't prostrate myself -on the floor- in the name of my art!)

Needless to say - we likes it!

For authenticity I'd love to say something in Italian but the only thing I can remember in Italian is the lyrics to A Mouse Lived in a Windmill which as it happened in vicchio Amsterdam is scarcely appropriate. Meraviglioso Calzino

3 comments:

  1. There I was, thinking that I was doing really well with the Christmas shopping and then I find that I am an unwrapped slacker. I'm not even sure that I know where the paper is.

    I like the socks on a sock shot, photography of self is so difficult isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GGGGGAAAAAAACCCKKKK!

    (I haven't started my Xmas knitting. Too busy with the design startup.)

    IOUs, maybe?

    Gift cards?

    Excuse me while I go shoot myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Tuscany, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment