Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cryptic messages for Tuesday night knitters

We have a cunning plan .....

Tuesday 11 December we are planning to pop two doors along for supper. If you were there when we discussed this last then please note the change of date; if not, pop it in your diary and we'll tell you all about it soon.

Very cryptic and very boring for everyone else so here is some knitting talk - I have finished C's Christmas scarf. It is very pretty, I am very pleased with it and I will share piccies as soon as I get a chance to do some blocking. As the waiting-to-be-blocked pile is building up I may have to wait until the weekend - time will tell.

Anyway the scarf takes two balls of Inca Mist and I eeked out every last drop, testing the garter stitch end and then ripping back to see if I could get just one more row out of the remaining yarn. All went well until I ran out of yarn with about 10 sts still to cast off. Cue a rescue mission. I snipped off the long tail off my long tail cast on and cast off with the two held together for a bit and then with the cast on end by itself and you really can't see where the two are held together - magic.

I've also finished H's first pair of Christmas socks so that is Christmas 1, 2 and 3 taken care of - roll on Christmas 4-8!!

(Actually I'm going to spend a bit of time with the Lady NaNoSweMo - tee hee)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment