Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're back

We now resume our regular transmission (again). I'm back from York where I went to see racing but ended up seeing puddles. I had a couple of legitimate meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday and were supposed to be gambling away our life savings on Wednesday afternoon but alas we went on a scavenger pub crawl instead - we went to the Golden Fleece and drank Black Sheep so it was almost yarn-related. I came back today and I'm tired. I wasn't even that late to bed last night but some of the guys made it through til 4am and one was up for breakfast at 7.45!

Posy is a back, rather than is back. And here she is.
August 092
Exciting taking pictures of stst backs isn't it!
August 096
This shot shows the colour well and gives you an idea of the texture; the yarn is almost a very thin cotton roving with a much thinner cotton strand (think sewing cotton) twisted round it. It all works to keep the yarn nice and soft for what is essentially aran weight cotton but it doesn't half cause trouble when you're counting the stitches!

I started the front this evening (many butterflies of yarn flying around) and we're now at two days and counting - the clock is ticking and I will be knitting.

Finally I would like to direct you to my sidebar where you can see my Ravelympic medal and medal-winner's flowers. The medal ceremony was a rousing success. As I stood on the podium, grinning from ear to ear and trying not to let a little tear of joy well up in my eye,I was presented with my flowers with the official words of praise:

"Congratulations on a successful challenge accomplished with effortless grace! Please accept this Ravatar bouquet from the beautiful Bobicii Nereids for a job well done"

I then had only the briefest chance to gulp back my joy and blush gently and with appropriate modesty as our president of the International Ravelympic committee, Adonis Dionysius Bobicus Maximus, approached to present me with the finishers medal. And as the weight of the medal came to rest on my neck, the first rousing chords of the International Ravelympic anthem could be heard and the combined flags of Great Britain and the dominion of Scoktopus climbed into the windswept sky. Raucous applause and cheering erupted from the stands and chocolate bars sailed from the crown for we are Ravelympians and we have conquered all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment