Saturday, August 23, 2008


When I started Posy on Monday I queried whether I'd finish before the torch went out on Sunday. My good friend Mandy was having nothing of Sunday night and confidently predicted Saturday night. My dear, I am afraid you were wrong.

I finished Posy this morning.
August 100

Incidentally had I not been away for most of this week, missing out on two days worth of commute and Tuesday knit night it might have been a lot sooner!

So here we have medal number 2, this time in the Vest Vault, the Posy Vault from the Mission Falls Illustrator booklet by Mags Kandis. I changed the Lichen to Sky (403) and kept the Wintergreen (302) and Pebble (103) the same. This top is everything I wanted it to be, the Mission Falls Cotton is spun in a way that lets the softness of the cotton come through and the twist gives the yarn a little 'crunch' and slightly nubbly texture. I finished this morning and I was sad to see it done. I also really want a sweater in this yarn at some point - actually I could put arms on the tank, or something like that.

I knit the medium size with the long (and extra long) length. It only really added 2 more rows but it has turned out the length I like for this type of top so smiles all round.
August 104

(when I look at that photo I can't help thinking How long am I? Yes I know I should have realised already!)

The delicious irony is that I had a really hard time deciding which of my two Olympic projects was going to be the Olympic project - I'm really glad I got to do both!

Oh, and my artistic director asked for flamboyant!
August 109

I've just cast on a pair of socks for Tophy in some seriously retina-searing yarn- it is very wrong of me to think that if I stayed up all night I could knit the pair by tomorrow night and have a third medal? Perhaps that's just greedy!

And on an unrelated side note, a new discovery- his and hers magazines!
August 097

Mine is clearly Craft which I picked up in Borders in Birmingham although they had some in WHSmiths in Leamington - it has lots of articles as well as fun projects - making a kite, and pocket loom and how to make Ice Lolly moulds of your very own.

H's was on the shelf below. I usually buy him art magazines but he mentioned the other day that he fancied having some electronics "just to play with" so when I saw the cover instructions for a Spy car and spy sunglasses I knew we were onto a winner. A trip for ingredients is planned shortly!


  1. Its Gorgeous! I really love your choice of Sky rather than Lichen, it has really made it shine, an excellent choice. (but then I wouldn't expect anything less!)

    Two, technically quite difficult tops, in fifteen days! (it would take me two days just to sew One up) I bow and worship at your feet.


  2. Very pretty, Carie, and it looks like it fits perfectly!

  3. It looks great and I'm seriously amazed by how quickly you finished this! Nice flamboyant shot :)

  4. And there you are, happily reading with the pretty knit-wear. Great pic!!


Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment