Saturday, September 04, 2010

Just in case

Well you never know how much truth there is in the rumour that babies wait for their knitting to be finished.  Even knitting that isn't for them to wear and has only a vague connection to their arrival.

So for my own peace of mind ...

September 125
I finished my team Girl socks.  They are now tucked into my hospital bag next to H's socks and the little pink cardie and hat ready for a little girl bear.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces in Tickled Pink, a present from my sister from a while ago when she decided (following I believe an intensive blog review) that I clearly didn't have enough pink socks.  She's quite right, I don't and these are gorgeous.

I wanted a pattern that wouldn't be overshadowed by the yarn variegation which runs all the way from palest whisper of pink to deep purply magenta, and although I eyed up (and Rav queued) lots of really sweet girly pink sock patterns, in the end I went back to a pattern that I've made before, Cookie A's Kai-Mei socks from Sock Innovation.  I think it was the butterflies that caught me; my baby shower had a butterfly theme so it seems somewhat fitting.

September 122
Kai-Mei socks (or in this case, Carie-Mei) are shown to their best advantage on actual human feet because then you can see the lines of flutter-byes dancing across the toes, but my feet and ankles are currently gargantuan little poofy sausages, with those mini Christmas sized chipolatas on the ends for toes, so they're staying well clear of the blog for the moment.
September 121

















Trust me when I say that they're pretty socks.

As H's aunt sent us the cutest little knitted bear in the post this morning, wearing a little jumper with the initials of Baby Our last name and I can't think of anyone else who could possibly be knitting me into a lengthy pregnancy, I think it's time for this little one to make an appearance, if for no other reason that I now have to choose either to cast on something new, which I'm itching to do but I want to knit a jumper and I have no idea what size I am, or I have to finish one of the three remaining projects on the needles, namely a shawl edging, the socks from my Cookie A Knit Nation class, or the socks from the Tsock Club that I started about two years ago - any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, finish your Tsocks THEN start mummying. (Actually I don't think they'd let you wait that long, they'd serve the eviction notice for Baby Bear)

    ReplyDelete
  2. coughChristmasknittingcough? Never hurts to get a head start...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty socks.

    How about some pretty gloves for winter. They are simple enough at this stage in your pregnancy, yet complex enough to provide entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See--another reason for Team Girl!! I'm working on Kei Mei too and loving the construction. Yours are perfect!

    I say cast on something new!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment