Thursday, July 10, 2008

A little internet is a very dangerous thing

In my blog-hopping yesterday I found a site with power, and might - the power to envelop me in its vanilla scented clutches and add mightily to my waistline. With whispers of exotic lands and at the heart of it all, the true life source of Carie - cake.

For lo, I have discovered:

The CupCake Bake Shop

Formerly a blog, but now an index of wonderful cake recipes. I spent yesterday lunchtime drooling over them and then detoured home for some ingredients.

First up - the ones I thought H would like best - chocolate cupcakes stuffed with strawberry chocolate ganache and frosted with chocolate glaze and buttercream - they are goooooooood and (used to) look a little bit like this:
July 051

I would love to show you pictures of the inside but mysteriously they keep disappearing before I have a chance to find a camera - clearly the work of cake elves.

And then my choice (somewhat dictated by the ingredients available at Tescos in Brum) - Honeydew Cupcakes topped with White Chocolate-Cardamom Butter Cream :
July 052


These are delicate, soft fluffy cupcakes with melon chunks and puree in the batter, then a reduced melon filling and white chocolate frosting.

I have managed to acquire photos of the insides:

July 055

See how I prostrate myself for my art - indubitably I would not have eaten the cakes were it not for the need for photos - oh look, here's another one:
July 059
Mmmmm cakes = yummy

July 058


Disclaimer: Mrs CarieMay and Mr H warn you that clicking on the link marked "Cup Cake Bake" may result in altered sense of time passing, several days missing from your life, a prevalence of crumbs and several inches on your waistline. They do however assure you that it is totally worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I found that site about a month ago and after one look, I bookmarked it and left. Ever since, I've tried to forget it but I think you just broke through my last defense. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you have both sufferred on your reader's behalf. What dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look absolutely delicious.

    How on earth did you choose which to bake First.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment