Monday, October 31, 2011

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones

October 730 October 734 October 735
Kitty says: "Booo!!!"

We got home from a weekend away this afternoon with just enough time to get ready for the enslaught of trick or treaters.
October 759
Kitty helped me open the door and waved at everyone who came and helpe me hand out Spider cakes (not made with actual spiders) and some twisted guts flumps.
October 753
My Halloween rule is that all the trick and treaters have to tell me a joke and tell me about their costumes before I hand over any goodies.  This evening's best:
  • Why did the cow cross the road? To go to the moo-vies.
  • Why did the hedgehog cross the road? To see his flatmate.
  • What do chickens do to relax? Play on the eggs-box.
October 751
We've had a good evening and there are even a few cakes left for us.  Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Cute little outfit! So I'm surprised that handing out home-made treats is acceptable. When I was growing up, we weren't even allowed to eat fruit given out...only things in packaging that obviously weren't tampered with (razor blades were the issue...and I grew up in a very rural community!). Regardless, I would have loved to have a spider cupcake...those look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel - I'd never thought of there being a problem with homemade spider cakes; I think I tend towards the view that if someone comes to my home and asks for a treat, I can give them what I want, it's up to them/their mothers whether or not they eat it. We do live in a fairly small village though and if there were any problems they know where I live. I've entered the village show baking competitions and made cakes and mince pies for church for years as well which probably helps with any trust issues.

    I never trick or treated as a child as it's a relatively new concept over here so I'm coming at it purely from the grown up homeowner perspective - if anyone else has any thoughts I'd be interested to hear them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment