Monday, February 21, 2011

Five Months

To my dearest little girl

Today you are five months old.  It's almost a year since you first made an appearance on this blog as a little tiny ultrasound smudge, and look at you now.
February 155
So how has your fifth month been? Well two days before you turned four months you first started to roll onto one side and now that's your favourite trick; you love to lie in your jungle gym and chat to the butterflies and wiggle round and round in circles and roll from side to side to get to all your toys, and usually lift them over your head to surprise Mummy and Daddy. 
February 056
You haven't quite mastered rolling onto your front without a bit of help but I'm sure it won't be long now, and when you get there you're head up and those little feet are kicking away. In the meantime you've discovered your toes and you're keen to give them a thorough inspection.
February 103
This month you've started to show an interest in food, starting by grabbing Daddy's banana out of his hand and giving it a good gum before returning it to its rightful owner, and since then I've given you the odd lick of a banana or an apple if I'm eating one.  I'm sure that when it comes to the right time for solids you're going to love all these new tastes.
February 140
You continue to be such a happy little soul, with an easy going nature that reminds me so much of your father, and you're definitely the extrovert; happy and chatty with your baby friends around you, and a ready smile and sweet gurgles for anyone who takes time to pull silly faces for you.
January 279
You are your Daddy's biggest fan and your face lights up each day when we hear the door open and know that Daddy's home again.
February 152
You love to play singing games, hide-peepo and bounce on my knee, but your favourite time is when I blow raspberries on your tummy and you try to grab my ears/hair/glasses - you giggle so much you sometimes give yourself hiccups.
February 104
Right now you're working on some teeth; and by working I mean trying to gouge them out with your fingers from the looks of it.  I know they make your mouth sore so you're having lots of cuddles and the occasional smidge of Bonjella to help and that makes you feel a lot better.  That and chewing on your teddies and anything else that you can make a bid for; usually the remote controls or the phone which we'd really rather you didn't eat.
February 156
I know every age has its special charms but you are so much fun right now, well apart from yesterday morning when your nappy explosion took out not only your vest and baby gro, but my jeans and a favourite belt as well, not to mention the dripping that was going on as I whisked you upstairs while Daddy scrambled to run your bath; the memories of that one need to fade a little I think.
February 160
You are my Squeaky Peach, my joy, and I love you

Love Mama xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh, every time you think you've found the nappy that will hold everything in something comes along that proves otherwise. My little baby will be 11 next month and we have memories of nappy leg leakage that are showing no signs of fading.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment