Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Remembrance

This year, for the first time since I can remember, I haven't worn a poppy. The reason is small, cute and occasionally rather squeaky with a penchant for throwing a good right hook if a feed isn't made available fast enough; pins on my front are simply not an option.  On the flip side I believe that remembrance is just as important now as it ever was, when battles to protect our daily life happen way off far away, and I have every intention to teach my daughter who we remember and why.

She's a little young to take it all in this year (and in fact as 11am is a current favourite feed time, she marked both silences with slurping sounds) but I did want her to have a poppy.

Cue a Cosnicpluto pattern, some scraps of black and red yarn, and the car trip to H's hockey match et voila!

November 033
And by the wonders of modern technology (a safety pin) I popped it on her hat for Sunday church.
November 107
H was playing photographer for the day as you see, and Kitty was not at all sure what had happened to Daddy's face, hence the frowns
November 118
Although once she worked it all out ...
November 127
"Daddeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm an imperial princess, save me!"

The little miss is all smiles nowadays although the chances of catching a giggle on camera is remote to say the least!  So far this is our best effort:
November 045
Achieved by being sneaky with the camera and distracting someone with their Daddy
November 055


















What more could her Mamarazzi want? (actually the answer to that question is sleeeeeep)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 pm

    Oh my heavens, she is such a precious thing! I love her little red and white outfit and the poppy is the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poppy is just the perfect detail to make that outfit a winner and of course your model!

    You're inspired me to learn how to make one of those mini flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kitty, ...two weeks or so since I last saw you, and so much growing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment