Friday, October 29, 2010

What a difference a week makes

Slightly bigger daughter:
October 360

Slightly bigger sock:

October 371
With baby for scale.
In fairness madam la princess has grown quite a lot more than the sock and now tops the scale at a blooming 11lb whilst endeavouring to outgrow her 0-3 month babygros at the speed of light but this should not be a shock given that it directly correlates to the amount of time feeding vs knitting.
October 350
That there has been any knitting at all is a plus in my book - little lass has recently decided that a nice way to finish the post feed burping process is to snooze on Mummy's shoulder leaving my hands free to wield the DPNs.  The slight motion of my hands rocks her gently and we both think it's great although I almost had a rethink after a delicate burp was swiftly followed by a neat posset straight down my cleavage, avoiding both of our clothes until the regurgitated milk collected warmly in my bra. 'Coals to Newcastle' is I think the phrase that came to mind!
October 340

But the truth is that she is a treasure, with a smile to melt the stoniest heart and for all the projectile emissions that this little girl has mastered, I adore being her Mum.

4 comments:

  1. I can assure you that "coals to Newcastle" would not be the phrase that would come into my mind, or indeed out of my mouth, at that experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a stunner! So pleased you are loving being a Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's lovely and your story immediately brings that warm yoghurt smell to mind. When they ick down the back of your shoulder, you don't know and you walk round at work and no-one tells you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I do like that sock, *shivers* it is gorgeous.

    Doesn't the princess look like her dad in the first two photo's.. And I noticed that you have bought a bouncy chair, (or whatever they are called these days) I found that they were worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment