Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm a good girl, I am

I'm not so heartless as to steal my mother's mittens and leave her un-woolied for any great length of time. As promised I cast on on Monday night and finished her new pair on the train on Tuesday:
October 233

Another pair of Maine Morning Mittens to the standard pattern, this time in Fleece Artist Kid Aran in Woodland - fluffy, soft and incredibly warm.

I promised mittens and I have delivered. Or at least, as of this lunchtime I have entrusted a small squishy envelope to the post box and may the Royal Mail have mercy on its fibres.

3 comments:

  1. Since you did them so quickly, I guess you've redeemed yourself in my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they had deported you to Australia!

    Glad to see you managed to disembark from that ship in the nick of time.

    I'm sure your mother will love them and just looking at them now they look like waves breaking on a sandy beach - which is rather lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:40 pm

    You've inspired me to try the new cast off again. I didn't understand it the first time, but have got the hang of it now.

    Rebecca (was in Leamington, will shortly be in Antarctica)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment