Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Damson

September 094
I'm taking a little time travel today. I finished knitting Damson sometime in September, long enough ago that I'm no longer sure of the date that I finished it, and it sat, neatly folded on the arm of the sofa along with the other quilts and blankets and spare shawls, getting no nearer to a bowl of warm soapy water and the blocking wires.

Saturday seemed bright and sunny in parts so the shawl took the plunge.
October 135
and by Sunday afternoon it was dry and blocked.

The pattern is from Whimsical Little Knits 2 and the yarn was a very special Christmas present from my sister, a couple of years ago.
October 133
This is Dream in Colour Smooshy, bought by Zee because it was the very latest thing, and saved by me because it is, as you see, impossibly lovely in colour and feel.

The shade is Deep Seaflower.

October 137
I've been waiting all this time for a pattern to do the yarn justice, and here it is; with the added bonus that I get to show off the colour by wrapping it around my shoulders, rather than having to take a sneaky peek at my socks.
October 142
I also discovered that it's almost impossible to take a good picture of a shawl on a really windy day when you're the only person in the house. And yes I know that this is something that I should have realised a long time ago.

Trust me when I say that this shawl is very pretty and ever so slightly reminiscent of a Swallowtail butterfly - or perhaps that's just the way I blocked the edges. You should go and cast one on now.

3 comments:

  1. Seems to be a great option for such a precious skein of yarn. And I agree that it really is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherpa7:30 am

    You've tempted me to cast on for Damson - I still can't fathom how I can get a whole shawl out of one skein of sock yarn though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have to trust you...I can SEE that it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment