Friday, June 15, 2007

Does anyone have a spare ark?

This morning's journey to work involved a wade through thigh high flood water pushing the bike to get out of the village! A cool and refreshing start to the day and certainly I wouldn't have got through in the car (as the two flooded vehicles being pushed out of the way clearly demonstrated)

... and it's still raining

PS for Susan - a courgette in England is I think a zucchini in the US, or is that a bell pepper? - actually a bell pepper could be a capsicum. I learnt these things when sharing with an Aussie housemate but I've forgotten now. Anyway when fully grown a courgette looks like a small cucumber

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:13 am

    Hi Carie,
    Yes, in the States a courgette is a zucchini, a capsicum is a (bell)pepper, and an aubergine is an eggplant. Spring onions are scallions and...um, hmm, suddenly I feel a bit peckish, I'll be back in a minute...
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment