Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring is Sprung


Farewell to winter (not that it ever really happenned but farewell anyway).


Reasons I know it is spring:


1. It is March. Although I am convinced mentally that it really is only about 20th January I am reliably informed that it is in fact 11th March. Whilst I am concerned that my efforts to warp the space time continuum in my favour appear to have backfired rather alarmingly I must accept that it is now the third month of the year and expecting 10ft snow drifts is slightly unrealistic. To be honest expecting 10ft snow drifts purely because I spent the winter in the middle of England and not perched on the edge of a cliff in the Westcountry was a little unreaslistc too but hey, a girl's got to dream.


2. On Thursday when it rained you could smell it in the air - this never happens in winter and it is a lovely clean smell (although I rather suspect it to be the product of water on warm tarmac) remeniscent of thunderstorms (another weather favourite - you have no idea how much I would love to see Thundersnow) and late afternoon showers.


3. Things are coming into bloom:






Ok, so that last one didn't exactly grow in my garden but it did appear - does that count?


4. The latest sock went to meet the outside world:
It is DK weight wool which doesn't exactly fit the spring theme but it smells wonderfully woolly and the colours turn into beautiful project Spectrum-esque stripes - another wonderful Christmas present ball of yarn from H who (if he happens to be reading this) should be encouraged in these things!

Because it's so lovely and stripy I stuck to a fairly simply stitch pattern - I'm just using the Socks of Doom pattern from Sock Wars slightly adapted to lenghten both the ribbing and the leg length as I don't need to complete these in a weekend.

5. I only needed my Refined Raglan to go to the farm today the coat and mittens stayed at home. Whilst this may be due to the superlative warming powers of the alpaca I'm calling it Spring - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment