Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 in Knitting



I came across this meme and rather liked it as a review of the year so here is my 2006 in knitting




What is your absolute favorite project you've ever knit (one that fulfilled both process and product)?
This is a really tough call to be honest - I love the socks I have knit but the answer from this year's knitting is my Smoulder cardigan which I'm wearing as I type - it fits nicely, is soft and warm and the colours are fantastic - result!



An honourable mention should go to the little handbag which I made from yarn we bought on our honeymoon - it has special associations because of that!

Which of your handknits do you wear the most often?
Socks definitely - when I'm not working I am almost always wearing hand knit socks and I have so many beautiful pairs from this year both the ones I made for me and the ones for other people.

This year I knit:

6 pairs for me

4 pairs for H

2 pairs for my Mum

1 pair each for Daddy, Sister, BIL-to-be and Manda (my Summer of socks sock swap pal)

1 1/2 pairs of Socks of DOOM!


17 and a bit pairs of socks - I guess I like them! (Plus commuting has a lot to answer for!)

What was your favorite gift to knit?
The answer is somewhat obvious given the above - socks!!


Which of your handknits are gathering dust your closet?
Happily none of them are seriously gatehring dust - some I wear less often such as my Electra tank or a pink vest top but that's mainly due to weather conditions and/or having the right other clothes to wear with it
Which of your handknits have you gotten rid of?
well I've given away pairs of socks but nothing has been binned/charity shopped
If you've knit socks, what is your favorite pattern?
Sock Bug's River Rapids - Jodie made them for me for my Summer of Socks and I made them for Mum for Christmas. I love the pattern so much I incorporated it into my mitten pattern as well!
What would you like to make in 2007?
Well there's the million-dollar question. More things than I can possibly have time or money for although i doubt that will stop me as I am notoriously over-abitious about what I can accomplish in a given space of time - I think it's a knitter thing as I'm sure I'm not the only one - perhaps the whole left brain/right brain thing means that beacuse it doesn't feel like time is passing then it isn't - hmm not sure about that one
Anyway, cables are looking pretty big for me this year with projects from Inspired Cable Knits and Knitting Nature lining up in the wings (that and all the other things I have stash for!!)
Plus more socks
What have you learned about your craft in 2006?
This year I have really discovered the online knitting community and the sheer amount of resource out there is amazing - long live knitters and the internet!
What events/sites have you particularly enjoyed in the blogosphere in 2006?
I was part of Project Spectrum and the Summer of Socks, both of which I really enjoyed and in general discovering different people's blogs and podcasts has been great fun
I hope you all had a wonderful 2006 - see you next year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment