Saturday, November 05, 2011

Even brighter than the moon

November 053
I once said that if Kitty came home from nursery with glue on her knees and smear of glitter across her cheek, I'd be a happy Mama.  Yesterday she came home with a day report that said how much she'd enjoyed making a mess with glitter, and this firework.
November 059
It's been well coated with the glitter, which seems to be her current form of artistic expression; her Halloween spider on the baby-room mobile was the one with one side solidly armoured in silver glitter, and her firework sparkles from every angle.

We didn't take her to any displays this year, but we've seen a good part of a number of village displays from the upstairs windows.  Last night when I was putting her to bed the windows reverberated from the shock waves coming down the hill from the explosions up above the sports fields, and tonight a smaller scale display from some near neighbours had multicoloured bubbles of light dancing down the walls.

My concession towards Bonfire Night was two packets of giant sparklers; the first we lit before supper for Kitty to enjoy/hide from, and before we got the second set lit we got out the camera.

November 100

November 101

November 114
(the middle one is flowers).

To take them, I set the camera up on an 8" shutter at F5 and ISO 100 on a tripod pointing at the darkest bit of the back garden.  For the angel halo shot I set a rear flash (and stayed very still, which is why I look a little frozen).  Once we remembered how to make letters going backward we wrote our names (but ran out of space and time to do Kitty's), and I caught one scary shot where the sparkler had run out and I'd come out of the shot before the flash went off leaving a little sparkler writing and the ghost of my face.

My best writing shot however, is more of a statement of intent as to what I'm going to do for the rest of the evening:

November 079

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:08 pm

    oooh I love those!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment