We interrupt our regular schedule of "fluff which I have turned into yarn whilst completely failing to actually watch any of the Tour de France except for half an hour the other weekend", because this weekend, the boy and I went on an expedition (or two) that we'd been looking forward to for a while.
Considering it was essentially a 'trace and paint by numbers' exercise it was amazing how different every rose turned out. My rose became a little more floral, copying the style from an unfinished manuscript found at Hampton Court, and H (overcoming resistance at the idea of painting what to him seems a purely lancastrian rose) went all out on the red and filled in his white lines over and over again until they almost seem silver.
This was my 'proper' piece, a lime green base that perfectly matches my sandals and the leaf pattern was rubber stamped on and then the powdered terracotta glass added to stick to the wet ink (a bit like embossing in card making but with a kiln). I thought about building it up with different colours but in the end decided that I liked it just the way it was so I moved on to another two colour design: