Thursday, April 01, 2010

Underlay! Underlay!

To Mandy

March 139

I finished my square too! What you hopefully can't see is the slightly inventive sewing to make it all match up nicely - lets just say that not all of the seam allowances are 1/4"! Actually even with all the 'modifications' it's still a huge square compared to the other two - I think I'll probably loose most if not all of the outer red border in cutting it down to size so I'm glad I went with the pink inner.

I now have three squares towards my 12 block sample quilt, and although it hasn't always felt like it will be a very harmonious quilt, I think I can start to see it all coming together:

March 139March 083
March 090

Maybe with a little sashing (and some uniformity of white balance - bad photographer, no cookie). Regardless of the outcome, it's a great class and great classmates - I just hope that little bear lets me finish when he or she makes an arrival, 4 blocks before the end! Or I'll just have a shorter quilt - only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. LOL,

    You are coming, even if I have to drag you there with your sewing machine and cutting mat once a month for two hours. We have next year to plan for too!!!

    They look lovely Carie, your quilt is going to be beautiful. I learnt how to make flying geese last night, that was a revelation..

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment