Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surprise Surprise

Cue cheesy theme music.

What is this?
October 235

That my friends is a sky carefully empty of any promise of anything exciting happening in the weather today. The forecast was for sleet which was exciting enough to have this little snow bunny hopping up and down (and telling everyone within reach about it).

And then, just after lunch the rain started to thicken and swirl and we moved quickly through the sleety stage to full on snow with massive flakes whipping down the alley by my window, tossing and turning on a blustery storm. I'm too high up to see the ground so we had no idea whether it was settling or not, all we could do was press our noses to the glass while it lasted and enjoy.

Coming home most of the snow has turned to slush or ice so this one was for looking not for touching, but I've never seen snow in October before and I love it - roll on the winter!


ETA -This is the same scene this morning (Wednesday)
October 241

My second, equally wonderful surprise of the day was a little package waiting for me when I got home. My friend Caroline, who I was lucky enough to meet in person at the IKnit Day, has been following my high dive into the world of spinning with a myriad of useful tips and suggestions which has been wonderful. She sent me an e-mail a little while ago asking if I would like to borrow her Autumn copy of Spin Off. As I subscribed just after the last shipping I said yes please and today there was a little envelope containing this:

October 237

AND! AND!

This:
October 239

Beautiful, soft, squishy, lustrous roving in the wonderful colours of autumn leaves, and instructions to practice Navajo plying. I feel totally spoiled and very lucky - thank you very much Caroline. I've been spinning up more of the firelight roving to try to get the spindle free to play with the new roving!

1 comment:

  1. I did wonder whether it would fit through the letter box or make work for you with a visit to the sorting office.

    My SIL said that they had snow in Tamworth yesterday, we just had dry cold.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment