Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Down by the riverside

Gonna lay down my sticks and yarn
Down by the riverside
Down by the riverside
Down by the riverside
Gonna lay down the pattern sheet
Down by the riverside
I'm knitting these socks no more!


September 002
Finally dry and photographed in a brief moment of sunshine yesterday. You can see it was brief because I'm being very careful not to stand in a puddle!
September 003
There is a reason for just the one foot being photographed - my artistic director was out and although I'm tall I can't bend far enough to take good pictures without needing a leg to balance!
September 004
As you see the lace magic has worked again - I save one sock for H to unpin but he didn't seem that impressed by it - clearly leaving with me has made him blase about knitting alchemy. I think they're simply wonderful and frilly and I want to be very cavalier in them!

So, welcome to the sock drawer little Frenchman's Creek socks!

Do we think the needles stayed empty for long?

September 006
Nope.

Random things I have seen #1: On Greys' Inn Road in London there is a bus stop that dispenses free tennis balls. I wish I could take a photo but we can't take cameras into the court. You'll just have to take my word for it!

3 comments:

  1. Very feminine socks! I like the gumdrop socks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O girly sock, that's cute! That colourful yarn is nice, cant wait to see the FO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--those socks are incredible! I'm also duly impressed that you actually got your husband to pin out the lace on the one sock. Even if my husband would consider doing that, I don't trust his patience level for something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment