Tuesday, November 07, 2006

KMKS Questionnaire

Are you allergic to any fibers?
Not that I know of - I don't like a high acrylic content but nothing actually brings me out in a rash

What are your favorite colors?
Ooo - surprisingly tough question I'm a bit of a fan of all sorts of colours. I don't like baby pink or canary yellow but I love blues and greens and all sorts of red from maroony pink through to brunt orange. Not so wild about the purples though.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens?
I'm completely new to mittens although I believe there may be a pair of gloves in my past (vague recollections of something blue with snowflakes on) but I have knit lots of socks so I'm used to the whole knitting in the round in relatively small dimensions.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
No preference

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
Really anything that it soft and cosy and doesn't have a hugely high acrylic content - I'm not a regular mitten knitter so whatever is known to work well sounds good!

Where do you usually knit mittens? How do you usually carry/store small projects?
I knit my socks on the train and they travel in a little plastic zip bag inside my work bag

What are your favorite mitten patterns?What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?What new techniques would you like to try?What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
Can't really answer this because of the whole no mitten thing - for socks I am a DPN girl on bamboo needles

What are some of your favorite yarns?What yarn do you totally covet?
I covet the pretty yarn I can't get in the UK but for what I can get then I like Regia sock yarn, Rowan Kid classic also rates highly at the moment - my new favourite finished sweater!

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
A sweater of my own imagination which involves plain fairisle on a Colinette varigated background or just all the projects I already have picked out in my books!

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Bamboo and I usually have Clover but no real preference

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Opal undyed sock yarn - practical but also unique

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
I like surprises
What’s your favorite animal?
Penguin
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
Probably warm although fingerless could be good for knitting on the train - surprise me!

If you were a color what color would you be?
The colour of the sky at sunset ( changes every day!)

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
The sea
Do you have a wishlist? No Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I think that's got it covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love hearing from people so please leave a comment